The email below will be sent to attendees today. It contains important nuts and bolts information about NerdcampNNE next Saturday.
Can you believe NerdcampNNE is one week away? After a 2-year break, we are so excited to be able to partner with The University of Southern Maine to host this free event of literacy learning for educators in Northern New England this year. For those new to our Nerdcamp you can find more information about what to expect here.
Below is more info to help you prepare.
Location: Bailey Hall-The University of Southern Maine
Registration opens at 8:15 a.m. (You do NOT need to print your ticket)
Doors open at 8:00.
1. After registering, you can grab some complimentary coffee and snacks
2. Then proceed to Bailey Lecture Hall (room 10) to get settled.
3. In the lecture hall be sure to write your ideas for sessions on a sticky note and place them on the posters or give them to a NerdcampNNE Committee member or volunteer.
Opening Welcome & finalizing of the Session Board will begin in the lecture hall at 9:00 am.
Lunch is on your own. There are many nearby restaurants within walking district of USM. A handout of options is being created and will be available soon.
What to Bring to nErDCamp:
- Your favorite fully-charged, mobile device (laptop, tablet, phone)
- A bag lunch or payment options for lunch at a nearby business.
- $20 in cash or access to Venmo if you would like to purchase a brand-new NerdcampNNE totebag! (Supplies limited).
- A bag to carry your giveaway swag and door prizes!
- Ideas for sessions!
- A collaborative spirit!
Parking for nErDcamp:
Parking is available behind Bailey Hall. Go up the hill that runs to the left and the back of Bailey Hall. You can park in the "water tower" lot and in the lower lot if you continue to the right. Enter through the doors near the water tower. Although the doors may be open for students, please wait until 8:00 to proceed to registration. There will be signage to help you navigate.
Welcome & Session Building
Session 1 9:40-10:25
Session 2 10:35-11:20 Lunch and swag Alley Lunch & Swag Alley: 11:25-12:50
Session 3 1:00-1:45
Title Talks 1:55-2:30
Reflection & Door Prizes 2:30-3:15
Certificates of attendance will be provided to attendees after completing the event evaluation.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
The Nerdcamp Planning Committee